Monday, January 30, 2012

Custom Batik Quilt Block

I got a custom order for a quilt block through my etsy account. The customer wanted a Mariner's Compass in her quilt but felt she wasn't ready to tackle such a big chunk of paper piecing quite yet. I was happy to oblige and this is the result. I have never done any "batik quilting" before so that was a challenge. I know a lot of quilters love the batiks. Using such busy fabrics that essentially read as solids is interesting, but I think I will stick to my beloved prints. Also she suggested splitting the background at the corners, which I had honestly never thought of, and I got to figure that out. I am really pleased with how it came out and I can't wait to see what she does with it.


                                                                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment