Friday, October 23, 2015

Ah La Pas


While it may not look like much these five stitched pentagons are the start of something big. My partner surprised me with Willyne Hammerstein's Millefiore Quilts book for my birthday and I've been aching to start one of her amazing patterns ever since. I'm throwing my hat into the very popular La Passacaglia ring as it is one of the most intricate quilts I've ever seen. I've started by using an English paper piecing method but I may try a few different techniques. The pattern is split up into separate rosettes, known as cogs on Instagram, so there is room for experimentation.

Some of the gals in my quilt guild are taking a stab at this pattern too so we formed a support group where we discuss techniques and share tutorials and helpful hints. We shall see how far we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment