Friday, September 16, 2016

Escaper sewing setup


During our stay on the Columbia River outside of Roosevelt, WA I took a little time for machine sewing. 
Here's my setup on the tiny table. Perfect for the Featherweight! 
I finished a pillowcase for Thurman, did some mending, and made a Rambler block.
Thurman helped by handing me triangles for the flying geese. He has a lot to learn about bias edge stretch but he is such a cute assistant that I don't mind.
This was strictly solar-powered so I didn't dare plug in the iron and use up all the juice. I've been 'pressing' seams with a half of a wooden clothespin so it's not very precise.
The Virgo part of me hates that wonkiness but since I got to sew at all, I can't complain too much. I'm thinking I'll try to make six total blocks and make a doll quilt for an elephant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment