Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Sew Together Bag just for me

I decided it was time to make myself a sewing pouch. I've been using a simple one I received in a Mpls Modern quilt guild scrap swap and it's falling to bits. Time for a new one! I've made the Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented (pattern on craftsy) before for a present and wanted to make myself a fancy one. I hauled out the Liberty of London stash and dove in.
The advantage of using Liberty lawn for these pieces is that it's strong but thin, and this pouch can get pretty bulky around the edges. I ironed my interfacing on first to make the slippery lawn easier to cut.
For the inside of the edge pieces I'm using one of my favorite vintage fabrics, this grey floral. It's also fairly thin and goes well with the chintzy florals.
For the exterior of the bag I'm making 3" blocks featuring a mix of current and vintage fabric with Essex linen in Flax. It's so fun to make these tiny blocks! 

Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish this up this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment